89 North St
Townsville QLD 4810
T:(07) 4444 0000
M: 0400 000 000
Senior Administration Officer
Townsville Therapy Clinic
41 High St
Townsville QLD 4810
Re: Clinical Psychologist role
Dear Ms Washington,
I am writing to apply for the position of Clinical Psychologist, as advertised recently on SEEK.com.au.
Having completed a Master of Clinical Psychology at Charles Sturt University in 2007, I have spent the past 6 years working as a therapist and clinical psychologist in a range of environments. This includes working with young people who had experienced some form of trauma and who were displaying behavioural difficulties. My recent work has included interventions such as counselling, behaviour modification, cognitive therapy and mediation for a variety of clientele.
My extensive experience has seen me work with both adults and children of varying ages and cultural backgrounds, presenting with a diverse range of complaints and conditions. I am able to communicate effectively with clients and adapt my style and techniques according to individual needs and personalities. I enjoy the challenges of working with different people and find the work incredibly rewarding.
I greatly admire the work you do at Townsville Therapy Clinic and would welcome the opportunity to work with your team, bringing my skills and experience and also learning from your practitioners.
Thank you for your consideration of my application and I look forward to hearing from you.
Psychology Research Assistant Cover Letter
Psychology Research Assistants are in charge with clerical tasks in the context of a research project. This kind of job is available in multiple settings, from colleges and universities to private companies. Essential work duties include handling the correspondence, taking phone calls, typing, operating office equipment, ordering supplies, finding areas that need improvement, making suggestions, summarizing research results, and completing other tasks as assigned by directors.
The ideal candidate for this job should demonstrate the following skills in his or her cover letter:
- Psychology training
- Clerical skills
- Organization and planning
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Good communication skills
- Problem-solving orientation
- Computer competences
- Time management and being able to work under pressure
A well-written cover letter sample for Psychology Research Assistant highlighting relevant skills is provided just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Psychology Research Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Hamilton:
With this letter and the attached resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the Psychology Research Assistant position you have available. As a detail-oriented and analytical professional with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology coupled with solid experience in test administration, data collection/interpretation, and administrative support, I have the knowledge and skill set to allow me to contribute toward the success of your research team.
Through my experience and educational background, I have become well versed in conducting psychological research and analyzing and coding data in a detailed and scientific manner. I specialize in the field of child development and have facilitated the success of numerous related tests, studies, and publications. Additionally, I have gained the ability to integrate superior organization and communication skills across all levels of research, enabling me to excel in both independent and team-oriented atmospheres.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Excelling as a Research Assistant for the Psychology Department at the University of Michigan, administering evaluative tests with children aged 2-6 to assess the development of theory of mind; scheduling tests, recording and coding study data, and organizing assessment tools and materials for optimal efficiency.
- Directly assisting Dr. Theodore A. Brockman, PhD, on multiple child development studies and serving as a coauthor on two research papers published in top-tier academic journals.
- Creating and continually updating a database and spreadsheet of preschool contact information for future testing purposes.
- Collaborating effectively and personably with fellow research assistants throughout studies; leading weekly discussions pertaining to current and past research with significant psychological value as relates to child development.
- Possessing key experience in organizing, analyzing, and managing large data sets to drive research project success.
- Providing overarching administrative and operational support, including data entry, correspondence, process improvement, and test scoring.
My keen attention to detail—as well as my proven track record of success supporting complex psychological research projects—will translate into both dedication and diligence for the research work performed for your team.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Timothy I. Lawson